Monday, August 16, 2010

jalapenos and firealarms

I invited my sisters over for a BBQ yesterday and we decided to make stuffed jalapenos. I have made them before, so it didn't occur to me to wear gloves. Big mistake. I guess there is a difference between making 5 stuffed jalapenos and 20, because by the time I was done my hands were on fire. I couldn't think about anything else but the pain. I tried to join with the BBQ but I just couldn't. So I tried all kinds of home remedies to take away the burning soap, rubbing alcohol, milk, orange juice, baking soda paste nothings really worked. Finally after the third time trying the baking soda paste and letting in dry on my hand before I washed it off it finally seemed to be working slowly the pain went away and i was able to tidy the house before I went to bed. Thank God, what a relief.

Today our apartment complex is checking the fire alarms. Of course they had perfect timing. As soon as they boys were asleep, Jelly and literal just closed his eyes and dosed off, they set all the alarms in the house off, and so now the boys are up for good, and I am wishing there was a way for ME to get a nap.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

awww...Sorry about that Terri. That sucks!