Friday, April 4, 2008

Little Plot Of...

Now that the weather is warm enough I have started my garden again. Now when I say "garden" you may picture a beautiful place with wild, exotic, peaceful, colorful, or just pretty flowers and plants. Well, this does not describe my garden at all. You see I have what is known as a brown thumb, I pretty much kill any sort of green vegetation I try to grow. In fact last year when Maria asked about my garden she said, "Your garden looks very...green." And I had to admit there wasn't really any color in the garden, except for one pot of flowers, all the flowers I had planted had never grown. Why start something that with my talents, or lack there of, seems like a waste. well, there were three reasons I started a garden, 1.) we had a large area in our Yard that looked like it had once been a garden but was now over grown. 2.) I was pregnant and want a less strenuous exercise, and 3.) I love being outside in the spring. So me and my mom started "our" garden. I like to comfort myself that the reason we didn't get any flowers last year was because we were concentrating on clearing away the many wild and unwanted plants and making our little plot of land more garden like. This year I want to do better so I got a book, "Basic Gardening for Dummies." It claims to be able to help turn my brown thumb into a green one, I hope it works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a very admirable little gardener, Terri... Your faithfulness in making it look lovely last year really paid off from where i stood. think how much better you'll be this time around.. I love you

Anonymous said...

Re minds me of that lil song

Living in the Garden of Gods Love

I too, garden
for a disabled sister names Marie
& for a friend
named Judy

Marie's is easy,,,since it's relativly small, on the side of her brick studio/apt,
but Judy's
is a farm house
with tons a land, I could never catch up with de-weeding,,until I get me new heavenly body

May all our gardens of souls grow in abundance

LV u ALL

& AM VERY TOUCHED
by the "Roots" song!

Weird
Ivana was asking me a few weeks ago
to dig up about our roots
on the internet,,,I never did :(
We're all Goode,,jus kidding

Did she know about song then?

Anyways

I will ramble on else where
Marie missed her flight

uumm

chow
& POOF

Vn

Marie Clay said...

haha terry ur too cute