Saturday, August 23, 2008

For all you have given me, I give thanks.


So, Jaydee is gone again. It's hard, of course, having him gone, but I am very thankful that we were able to spend a lot of time together before he left on this trip(almost three whole weeks).
Last night those of us left at home watched a movie called, China Cry. It made me so thankful. It was about a Christian woman during the Cultural Revolution in China, and the persecution she received. Yet she stayed strong in her faith and the Lord delivered her and her family. Almost the whole movie she was pregnant and she had to go through so much during each pregnancy. During her last pregnancy she had to do hard labor all the way up till her ninth month, and she was late. Like I said it made me so thankful for how good I have it. It also convicted me that she had so much determination to do what she could to obey what the Lord told her, not only that but when ever someone told her something couldn't be done she never took no for an answer. It was so convicting, one of those people I wish I could be but don't think I can ever be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seen that movie before... Love you woman!!!